6.1-BETA 4 stable for normal use?

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Mar 22 21:21:07 UTC 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>> Like ... ?
>> Well, I have another machine at work which for some yet unknown reason
>> requires me to reload the pf rule set in order to fetch - I posted on
>> that last week.
>>
>> And I have minor errors like when I run "man pf.conf" and exit the
>> man-page then I get this error:
>>
>> col: write error
>> grotty:<standard input> (<standard input>):31713:fatal error: output error
>
> Did you file PRs?  If not, and you only posted to this list, your
> emails did not reach any of the relevant people.

No, I need to investigate more and ensure me that it has not been a
passing error.

For example, the mentioned problem with pf, I first thougt it was a
misconfiguration problem that fetch didn't use passive ftp, in which
case this was the right forum.

Then by accident I discovered that reloading the ruleset solved the
problem. Rebooting, I would have the problem again until a new reload of
the ruleset.

I then tried at home to repeat on a different machine which had been
updated almost at the same time but without luck. So, I there may be
some error in updating or that very snap I got. In any case I need to
investigate that more.

And the other error, I have now tried and found that it appears only in
Eterm, not in xterm or on the console. It may have been introduced as
the ports version is now 0.9.3_4.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                                  web: www.locolomo.org