Using boot manager with FreeBSD and Windows

Benjamin Sher sher07 at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 21 14:44:49 UTC 2006

Dear friends:

[Dell 8200]

First, my thanks to everyone who was kind enough to respond to my
problem booting up to FreeBSD 6.

I did a complete, fresh install from the CD and made sure to also
configure the FreeBSD boot manager for MBR. Everything should be working
but I still can't boot up.

So, I downloaded and installed OSL2000 (latest version: Nov, 2005). It
is supposed to boot up as many as 100 OS's. It lists all bootable media,
including Windows and FreeBSD. Windows boots up perfectly but when I
click on FreeBSD and try to boot it, I get a simple two word error
message: "Read error".

I would appreciate your explanation and help. Is this a fatal error? How
do I solve this problem?

Thank you so much.

Benjamin