openoffice package install fails on gamin dependency - KDE needs fam

Oliver Iberien oliver-forward at charter.net
Tue Mar 21 02:46:38 UTC 2006

Thanks very much. I just upgraded to KDE 3.5, which took about two days of
compiling, while in complete ignorance of this issue. It now relies on fam.
So it looks like fam for me.

I am going to go ahead with compiling. Your method sounds reasonable but my
scant knowledge of FreeBSD makes me want to be as conservative as possible.

I have amended make.conf with a WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=fam line and put a line in
pkgtools.conf

MAKE_ARGS = {
        '*' => 'WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=fam',
        'editors/openoffice.org-*' => '-DWITHOUT_MOZILLA LOCALIZED_LANG=en-US'

Make clean in the openoffice.org-2.0 ports folder currently yields
===>  Cleaning for fam-2.6.9_6

So hopefully after this monster compiles, I will get no gamin-related error
messages. Hopefully?

Oliver