raid 1 with gmirror && install loader on 2nd disk

Yance Kowara yance_kowara at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 13:26:59 UTC 2006

Hi Petre,

I played with gmirror sometime ago following this
howto:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/11/10/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=2

I had the same question, and googling gmirror returns
nothing. I posted the
question on that website and there was no answer.

I tried then to remove the primary hdd, and used the
secondary one as the
primary... it boots...no problem, no drama.

I stick in a fresh hdd as a secondary, rebuild gmirror
and it's up and
running as raid1 again, no drama.

If you go to the howto website, another user has
replied to my question and
he did the same.

Regards,

Yance