Best Way to Start an App at Boot Time?

Beech Rintoul beech at mangohealth.org
Sat Mar 18 21:04:39 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 11:40, Chris Maness wrote:
> I like the rc.conf file idea that FreeBSD uses to start daemons.  I have
> a python script (i.e. denyhosts.py) that I would like to launch in a
> daemon mode at boot time.  How would I add this as an option for
> rc.conf, or is there a better more "official" way to do this?

You can also start your script at boot via cron. Use "@reboot" instead of the
time settings on the crontab line (without the quotes). See man 5 crontab for
more info.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at mangohealth.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Mangohealth
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - XanGo - http://www.mangohealth.org