cupsd, library paths set on startup?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sat Mar 18 19:07:47 UTC 2006

--On March 18, 2006 10:50:01 AM -0800 Oliver Iberien
<oliver-forward at charter.net> wrote:

> I know this information is out there somewhere, but I have not found it
> yet...
>
> -What to I do get get cupsd started on boot? I am currently
> doing /usr/local/sbin/cupsd as root.

Add cupsd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf.  Any time you install a port that
runs a daemon, there is usually a startup file written to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/.  You can go to that directory and view the script,
and it will explain what options you need to put into /etc/rc.conf to make
the daemon work automatically at startup.  There may also be other options,
such as flags or conf files that you point to, but, in general,
{daemon}_enable="YES" is all that's needed.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member