Problem running Adobe acroread7

Donald T Hayford don at donhayford.com
Fri Mar 17 01:10:20 UTC 2006

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Donald T Hayford <don at donhayford.com> writes:
>

>> Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>>> Are you running acroread from a command line?  It doesn't require any
>>> FreeBSD Gnome or gtk support; it does the linux-gtk2 and linux-pango
>>> ports, but those are direct dependencies.
>>>

>> The message above came when running from the command line and trying
>> to open a file.  If I run it from the KDE gui (by adding it to the
>> menu), it just quietly disappears when I try to open a file.  I didn't
>> see any logged messages with the same information, but I don't know
>> where to look.
>>

> I don't feel like tracing the dependency trail just now, but on my
> system, that graphic is installed by gnome-icon-theme-2.12.1_2.

Apparently there were some problems with the acroread port that caused
the port managers to revert to an earlier version   See UPDATING in the
/usr/ports directory (after updating your port tree).

Whether that was my problem, or there was some other problem that was
also fixed by running portupgrade, I don't know, but I did a portupgrade
and acroread works fine now.

Thanks for the assistance --- Don