Do you use MySQL?

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Thu Mar 16 14:33:41 UTC 2006

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>- Which version of FreeBSD are you running?

FreeBSD 5.3/amd64

>- Which version of MySQL are you running?

4.1.18

>- If you're not running MySQL 5.0, why not?

I tried to find benchmarks to decide if it's worth to upgrade or not,
but I didn't find any useful article, so I haven't upgraded. As for the
new functionalities, I don't need them, but performance enhancements
would be a good reason to upgrade.

>- Where do you get your MySQL software from?
>
>  * From the MySQL web site?
>  * From a FreeBSD CD/DVD distribution?
>  * Package (precompiled) from the FreeBSD web site (either directly
>    or via a mirror)?
>  * From the ports collection?

 From ports collection.

>- Which threading library are you using?  Why?

The default one, beacuse it works fine. Again, if there were a better
one in the aspect of performance, I'd consider to change, but I don't
know too much about this.

>- Have you had to change the default installation (different compile
>  flags, different installation directories, etc.)?

No.

>- Do you have any problems that you think are related to the choice of
>  the version you're using?

No.

Gabor Kovesdan