aureal-kmod woes

Anthony M. Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:18:38 UTC 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Ariff Abdullah wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:56:24 -0500
> "Anthony M. Agelastos" <iqgrande at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am running a 6-STABLE machine that I updated several days ago.
>> When   the aureal-kmod port is shut down, it tells me about a memory
>> leak   (see below). Being paranoid, I removed aureal-kmod from my
>> system,   reinstalled the OS, and then installed aureal-kmod and the
>> problem   persists. Any ideas?
>>
>> dell# ./aureal.sh stop
>> pcm0: detached
>> Warning: memory type PCMaucore leaked memory on destroy (3
>> allocations, 144 byte
>> s leaked).
>> aureal-kmod
>>
>> %uname -a
>> FreeBSD dell.home.iq 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0: Mon
>> Mar 13 07:44:55 EST 2006     root at dell.home.iq:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
>>
>> IQKERNEL  i386
>>

> So.. does it cause anything bad *especially during runtime* ?

It appears to work normally. I have no idea if it is leaking memory
while in use, nor do I even know how to monitor that. Does anyone
have any pointers for this, or any ideas as to what could be causing
this? Could it be due to the 6.0 -> 6.1 upgrade? Does anyone out
there have this working with their 6.0-STABLE that is in 6.1-PRERELEASE?

Thanks again for all of your help.