Natd with Multiple DSL Connections

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 15 13:33:44 UTC 2006

Iantcho Vassilev wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Nagilum <freebsd at nagilum.org> wrote:
[ ... ]
> I checked the man page but really didn`t understand  - it will forward the
> traffic simultaneously threw two  interfaces ? Based on IP?

No, you would use IPFW to forward different IP ranges through one interface or
the other to obtain crude load balancing.  Getting two connections from the same
ISP would possibly let you do multilink aggregation.

You could also look into CARP.

> The man page is so shortly explaing ...
>
> Can you give suggestions?

The other choice is to obtain a routable subnet from ARIN or your local IP
registrar and set up BGP multihoming, but it's unlikely that your DSL provider
is willing to do so.

--
-Chuck