how does a system come up if you disable background fsck ?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Tue Mar 14 11:42:47 UTC 2006

Tamouh H. wrote:

>Micah, Kris:
>
>You guys are hilarious, where can I find ppl like you ?
>
>Of course I'm using a backup power, but there are 101 reasons for FreeBSD to reboot by itself and when that happens, 30 minutes downtime is 30 minutes of wasted time.

Since you're *so* smart, perhaps you could help us stupid people by
listing those 101 reasons?  In ten years of FreeBSD I've never had a
system reboot except through power failure or operator action.  Hardware
failure can do it too, of course, and if your system is so critical,
where's its backup system?

If your system is panicking, then why aren't you doing something to
isolate the problem and help fix it?  Assuming that there is a problem
with the *system*.

--Alex

PS You can find plenty of people like Kris and Micah right here on
freebsd-questions: people giving their own time to actually help people
sort out their problems.  Haven't seen you doing that.