my server gives an error kernel: free inode /var/XXXX had X blocks

Halid Faith maslak at ihlas.net.tr
Tue Mar 14 10:25:50 UTC 2006

Hello

I use Freebsd6.0 release. qmail server runs on the server.

Today the server was locked and the server has given the screen an error as below;

free inode /var/14579103 had 104 blocks

the above error that the server gave a several times.

I had to push the reset button to reboot the machine.
I booted in single user mode and I ran fsck -y
After the fsck operation the server rebooted normally.
But the server was locked about half an hour.

I think the file system corrupted.

What shall I do ?

How can I restore the system?

Thanks