Finding an LBA after a disk error

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Mar 13 21:19:51 UTC 2006

After much revision I finally have a tool that does a pretty good job
of identifying the usage of an LBA.  Its not perfect, but its
normally only used with a disk with a bad sector.  It no longer needs
the complete source distribution but can be built from the normal
libraries.  It has been tested on FreeBSD 5.3 and 6.0.  One of the
libraries it uses was introduced in 5.1 so its not likely to work on
anything earlier.  It works on ufs1 and ufs2 formats and there is
even a man page now.  It could be mnade into a port, but I am out of
time right now.  A quick look at the documents for creating ports
shows that it will take quite a bit of time to figure out that part.
Contact me off-list if you would like to get it.