dvd-slideshow

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Mar 13 16:06:29 UTC 2006

Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to see if others are getting similar errors with
>> dvd-slideshow.  If you have the current ports tree, try to install and
>> run dvd-slideshow.  The ports tree has version 7.2.  When I try to run
>> the script, I get error messages like crazy.  Anyone else get this?  I
>> used the example files to try to get it to work.  If I simply download
>> the latest version from sourceforge and run the script in the directory
>> it seems to MUCH further, but still fails.
>>
>> sample output:
>>
>> package sox is not installed
>> package ImageMagick is not installed
>> package dvdauthor is not installed
>> package ffmpeg is not installed
>> find: /usr/share/fonts/: No such file or directory
>> find: /usr/share/fonts/: No such file or directory
>>
> :
>
>> [dvd-slideshow] ####wc: illegal option -- -
>>
> :
>
>> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 2388: seq: command not found
>> wc: illegal option -- -
>>

> Looks like this script is expecting to find the GNU util, and that
> they be installed in the usual GNU locations. On FreeBSD GNU wc is
> installed as gwc (from ports).
>

>> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 986: [: : integer expression expected
>> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 989: [: : integer expression expected
>> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 992: [: : integer expression expected
>> /usr/local/bin/dvd-slideshow: line 995: [: : integer expression expected
>>

> These I don't know. But it might be that the interpreter is set to
> /bin/sh, which on Linux is aqtually /bin/bash. I don't know, however.
>

>> No such file or directory
>>
> :
>
>> [dvd-slideshow] No audio files passed.  Using  silence.
>>
> :
>
>> sox: Can't open output file
>>
> :
>
>> Error while opening file
>>

> These are probably because of some of the other errors. I think you
> are far beter off trying to get the port to run on your FreeBSD
> system, that to try to fix all these things yourself.

How will I be able to get it to run with all of these bugs?  I was able
to make slideshows last night under Slackware, but I'm trying to get
away from using Linux.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was
experiencing this behavior (to see if it is actually a bug).  I don't
see these problems listed anywhere.

Thanks