List & Description of process STATE modes

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Mon Mar 13 12:00:15 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm looking for a list with descriptions of all the modes that appear in
STATE when running top(1). I'm talking about kqread, select, nanslp,
piperd and so forth. Someone on Freenode IRC told me to search for
msleep and tsleep in the kernel source but i found nothing i could use
in the results. If someone could help me find a list of all the
available modes i could put together a description for them myself.

I've tried searching the kernel source code for these different modes
but they are used in so many places.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal