disklabel messup.

Steve P. rczero at mail.com
Sat Mar 11 21:18:58 UTC 2006

Illoai,

You were right. There is nothing wrong.

Part of my problem was that I had never had or seen anything on other slices. Now I have two fbsd installs, ad0s1 and ad02 and I mistook ad0s2's missing info as applying to ad0s1.

What I really want to do is use ad0s1 as my production install and ad0s2 as my test install. I guess my procedure would be to copy prod to test, then perform any testing for new ports, etc. Then once tested, perform those same actions on ad0s1.

I have been reading up on how to "clone" a disk, so I can boot into a copy. Seems like some say tar can do it, but I have seen a place that said to only use dump. Oh, well. I am not quite there yet, working on baby steps.