make installworld fails

beni.brinckman at dommel.be beni.brinckman at dommel.be
Sat Mar 11 09:15:48 UTC 2006

Hi all,

After doing a svsup yesterday and doing a 'make -j4 buildworld' i've (my script
that is) tried to proceed with a 'make installworld'. But it failed :

www# make installworld
ERROR: Required audit group is missing, see /usr/src/UPDATING.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I have checked /usr/src/UPDATING but there isn't any entry new about new groups
and 'grep -w audit /etc/group' does not show any audit-group present.

I also did a 'rm -rf /usr/obj/* ' and ran 'make -j4 buildworld' again, which
endend without errors but the following 'make installworld' stops with the
mentioned error again.

I am using the '*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6' in the supfile and am running
6.1-PRERELEASE now.

What am I doing wrong ? Any clues are welcome.

Beni.