Tippingpoint SMS client software

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sat Mar 11 02:11:00 UTC 2006

Greetings,

We recently obtained a Tippingpoint SMS server which is currently
safe guarding our network against the bad guys.

Unfortunately, the client software for Linux (which is nothing more
than a Java program) does and doesn't really work on my FreeBSD
machine:

- It tries to install the a Linux JRE.
- The installation program aborts halfway with errors in the Java program.

I unpacked all the .jar files and got the first part of the client
program working: It asks me for an SMS server, username and password.
Filling them in, it connects to the SMS server, I see some certificates
being exchanged but the client then throws a horrible "An error
occured connecting to the SMS server." which absolutely is useless
here.

So my question... has somebody gotten the Tippingpoint SMS client
software running on FreeBSD?

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org