Help with IP Filter 4.1.8

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Mar 11 01:17:48 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-10 09:44, Roman Serbski <mefystofel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 3) try to see if you can upgrade to a newer ipfilter, latest is v4.1.10
>
> I will try that, although I have faced with the problem while
> upgrading to v4.1.10. According to ipf docs (INSTALL.FreeBSD):
>
> To build a kernel with the IP filter, follow these steps:
>
> make freebsd5 - went successfully
> make install-bsd - went successfully
> FreeBSD/kinstall - generated patch error about conf.c file not being found...

Here's your problem then.

This is *NOT* the way to install IP Filter on a FreeBSD system.
You should only upgrade parts of the base system using the process
documented and recommended in ``/usr/src/UPDATING''.

Start over with a clean /usr/src and /usr/obj tree and read the file
``/usr/src/UPDATING'' for instructions about upgrading from source.

- Giorgos