connection reset by peer from one location but not another

Brian Ross brian at visionn.com
Fri Mar 10 04:23:05 UTC 2006

I'm getting a "connection reset by peer" disconnect after about 10
minutes (or less) when I SSH to my 5.4-STABLE server from my home
connection (cable DHCP), but I can stay connected all day long from
work (DSL DHCP). I couldn't find any mention of connection reset by
peer in the list archive, so I was wondering what I could monitor
(running SSH in verbose mode doesn't tell me much) to find where I'm
actually getting booted off from. Since it only happens with one
connection, I'm thinking it isn't my actual server that's causing the
reset. But I do not know what log file to monitor in order to
investigate further.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Brian