Open Source and 3rd world countries

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Mar 10 01:38:06 UTC 2006

> I'm writing this thesis on the benefits of integrating
> open source software into third world countries to boost
> their economies and the knowledge of their people.

Certainly not the answer you are expecting, but I am afraid it is the
reality, developping countries do not really care about open source.

They just use pirated software (windows) because it takes less time to
start-up, because it cames with better internationalization...

Time comes when they reach the limits of using pirated software and
turning to open source is a solution, but that needs a certain level
of development.

Olivier