unable to get a decent working download

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Mar 8 14:56:58 UTC 2006

electroteque <spam at electroteque.org> writes:

> hi , ive been trying for 2 days to get a decent woreking download. Why
> is the torrent not seeeding ? I just tried ftp and the connection
> disconnected without warning and i cant resume because the file on the
> australian mirror server changed from 6.0-RELEASE to 6.0-BETAS without
> warning ????

Torrents aren't a very useful way of downloading releases except in
the short period after a release.  There are three FreeBSD FTP mirror
sites in Australia, and one of them (ftp3.au.freebsd.org) seems to be
out of date, but the others have the 6.0 release available.  None of
them seem to be carrying the betas for the 6.1 release, which is
forthcoming shortly.