help decipher login msgs

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Mar 7 21:50:09 UTC 2006

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Per olof Ljungmark <peo at intersonic.se> writes:
>
>> I want to set up Webmin to administer mailboxes on a Cyrus-IMAP server
>> with the help of an external module
>> http://www.tecchio.net/webmin/cyrus/
>> and it works, sort of.
>>
>> The following messages are recorded in /var/log/messages:
>>
>> perl: No worthy mechs found
>> (the login works despite this message)
>>
>> Mar  5 18:33:23 daemon su: login_getclass: unknown class
>> '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mbpath "user/<username>"'
>> Mar  5 18:33:23 daemon su: login_getclass: unknown class
>> '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mbexamine "user/<username>"'
>> This one I would be very interested to know more about. The login.conf
>> manpage is a bit stiff for me but it is exactly those two functions
>> I'm interseted in.
>
> Those cyrus executables are being treated as class names in the login
> configuration.  Your syntax in login.conf must be confused to make
> that happen.  Look at where their names appear in your login.conf (and
> remember to rebuild the database with cap_mkdb(8) to be sure that what
> is in the file matches what is actually being used).

Hmm, well, yes. It is a vanilla FreeBSD-6 login.conf (at least I did not
touch it)
-rw-r--r--   1 root      wheel      6802 Nov  3 09:12 login.conf

I first thought it was the stupid hostname (daemon) so I changed it and
rebuilt with cap_mkdb(8) to be very sure but the messages are still there:
stellablue su: login_getclass: unknown class
'/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mbpath "user/peo"'

It may be that the webmin cyrus-imap module is too Linux-specific here?
I'll go back and try to see what it wants.

Thanks!

Per olof