New logo, new look

lars at gmx.at lars at gmx.at
Tue Mar 7 18:21:29 UTC 2006

Danial Thom wrote:
  > The reason that BSD is what it is (that is, an
> obscure OS to the masses) is because BSD camps
> are run by a bunch of geeky programmers that have
> no sense of marketing. LINUX, which we'll all
> agree is an inferior technical product, gets a
> lot of milage out of their stupid penguin. At
> least its identifiable and marketable. Learn from
> your competitors.
>
> DT
Thanks for your insight into the marketing dynamics
behind the wide-spread use of Linux - the penguin.

Now why don't you go and write an article for onlamp.com
and help BSD be more accessible.

After all you are on a BSD-related mailing-list, you might as well
do something more useful than bitching and moaning about a logo.