help decipher login msgs

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Tue Mar 7 15:02:46 UTC 2006

Per olof Ljungmark <peo at intersonic.se> writes:

> I want to set up Webmin to administer mailboxes on a Cyrus-IMAP server
> with the help of an external module
> http://www.tecchio.net/webmin/cyrus/
> and it works, sort of.
>
> The following messages are recorded in /var/log/messages:
>
> perl: No worthy mechs found
> (the login works despite this message)
>
> Mar  5 18:33:23 daemon su: login_getclass: unknown class
> '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mbpath "user/<username>"'
> Mar  5 18:33:23 daemon su: login_getclass: unknown class
> '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/mbexamine "user/<username>"'
> This one I would be very interested to know more about. The login.conf
> manpage is a bit stiff for me but it is exactly those two functions
> I'm interseted in.

Those cyrus executables are being treated as class names in the login
configuration.  Your syntax in login.conf must be confused to make
that happen.  Look at where their names appear in your login.conf (and
remember to rebuild the database with cap_mkdb(8) to be sure that what
is in the file matches what is actually being used).