Realplayer and firefox

Björn Sjöberg bjorn.sjoberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:37:01 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Steel City Phantom <scphantm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i just got realplayer installed and its recognized in firefox in the
> about:plugins screen.  but when i go to a site that loads the reaplayer,
> firefox core dumps and crashes.
> <snip>
> ideas?

I can't help you with your specific problem. However I had similar
problems with different players and plugins and the solution to all my
embedded media-problems were solved in one simple click. The answer
was an firefox extension called MediaPlayerConnectivity which lets you
call external applications to play the media for you. That's always
been my preference too so I'm delighted and thankful for finding it. I
hope you'll find it as useful as I did..

Cheers!

--
"All generalizations are false."
        - Unknown