New logo, new look

Sam Nilsson lists at servingpeace.com
Tue Mar 7 06:54:28 UTC 2006

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Is there a reason why both the old and new logos cannot be used in
> tandem? I'd rather leave the old one up on my web site, since,
> personally, I like it better ... I understand the argument for a 'new
> logo', but, quite frankly, after looking at the new one, I'm surprised
> the same arguments (being associated with a demon) isn't still being
> made, since the new one *still* gives that same connotation ...
>
> My preference is to keep using the old logo ("Beastie") on my web site,
> and I imagine there are others that feel the same way ... are we going
> to be "shunned" as a result?  I would hope not ...

I'm not really on one side or another on this, but it occurs to me that
a lot of people may be missing a subtle distinction. From what I
understand "Beastie" is a mascot and not a logo although he may have
been used in place of a logo since there was no logo previously. The
addition of a logo should allow FreeBSD to appear more professional. The
new logo should be complementary to Beastie and live along side it.

Peace
- Sam