portsnap cannot change its default WORKDIR ?

Yuan Jue yuanjue02 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 01:32:23 UTC 2006

Hi, all

I am now using portsnap in FreeBSD 6.0 to upgrade ports tree. It is really
much faster than CVSUp. But there is one question that bother me:
I cannot change the WORKDIR that portsnap use.

I have change WORKDIR in /etc/portsnap.conf to /usr/local/portsnap, but
when using 'portsnap fetch', the download files still store
in /var/db/portsnap.

Any suggestions about this? Thanks in advance!

My /etc/portsnap.conf is as follows:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/portsnap.conf,v 1.1.2.1 2005/08/15 20:24:07 cperciva Exp $

# Default directory where compressed snapshots are stored.
 WORKDIR=/usr/local/portsnap

# Default location of the ports tree (target for "update" and "extract").
# PORTSDIR=/usr/ports

# Server or server pool from which to fetch updates.  You can change
# this to point at a specific server if you want, but in most cases
# using a "nearby" server won't provide a measurable improvement in
# performance.
SERVERNAME=portsnap.FreeBSD.org

# Trusted keyprint.  Changing this is a Bad Idea unless you've received
# a PGP-signed email from <security-officer at FreeBSD.org> telling you to
# change it and explaining why.
KEYPRINT=9b5feee6d69f170e3dd0a2c8e469ddbd64f13f978f2f3aede40c98633216c330

--
Best Regards.
Yuan Jue