New logo, new look

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Mar 6 21:01:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Ceri Davies wrote:

> On 6/3/06 14:56, "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>
>> So a little red ball with 2 little pointed ears is the new logo.
>> It sucks big time.
>>
>> When you have a contest and none of the entrees are any good
>> you do not have to pick any of then, you could have just
>> closed the contest with no winner.
>
> The problem with that argument is that some people, including myself, liked
> the new logo.  Since opinion is entirely subjective, you may as well shut
> up.

Is there a reason why both the old and new logos cannot be used in tandem?
I'd rather leave the old one up on my web site, since, personally, I like
it better ... I understand the argument for a 'new logo', but, quite
frankly, after looking at the new one, I'm surprised the same arguments
(being associated with a demon) isn't still being made, since the new one
*still* gives that same connotation ...

My preference is to keep using the old logo ("Beastie") on my web site,
and I imagine there are others that feel the same way ... are we going to
be "shunned" as a result?  I would hope not ...

----