New logo, new look

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Mon Mar 6 15:08:57 UTC 2006

fbsd_user wrote:
> So a little red ball with 2 little pointed ears is the new logo.
> It sucks big time.

This was cussed and discussed earlier I believe. I did get bored with
the thread and stopped reading it, so I can't say what the final outcome
of the thread was or what the final outcome of the logo was.

Personally I think the logo is the least important issue right now.

DAve

> When you have a contest and none of the entrees are any good
> you do not have to pick any of then, you could have just
> closed the contest with no winner.
>
> I am sadden that the new logo is so plain.
> Being pressured by the holy rollers over beastie looking like
> the devil is no reason to choose such a poor replacement or for
> that matter even considering to change the logo in the first place.
>
> There is no way I will use the new logo, People will be laughing at
> it
> and say "What the Hell is that red ball".
>
> I am really disappointed. The contest should be run again and if
> nothing
> better comes along then stay with beastie. And this time post the
> contest to all the different FreeBSD lists, just not to the
> announcement list.
>
> I read the contest announcement just now from the below link and
> don't agree
> with any of the reasons stated there for a new logo. All the stated
> reasons
> could have been address just by doing new art work using beastie.
>
> Check here to see new logo and then post your thoughts.
>
> http://logo-contest.freebsd.org/result/

This message was checked by forty monkeys and
found to not contain any SPAM whatsoever.

Your monkeys may vary