problem with acrobat7

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Mon Mar 6 13:06:40 UTC 2006

Filippo Moretti wrote:
> After portupgrading acrobat7 I get the following error
> filippo at sting /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/bin]$ ./acroread
> The OS named  FreeBSD version 6.1-PRERELEASE is currently not installed.
> Try running on an installed platform and connecting to your display.
> Installed platform(s) include the following:
> Intel/Linux

Check /usr/ports/UPDATING
It says:
   "The command filename is ${PREFIX}/bin/acroread as before..."

20060221:
   AFFECTS: users of print/acroread7 and the localized versions
   AUTHOR: hrs at FreeBSD.org

   installation directory of print/acroread7 and the slave ports
   have been changed to ${PREFIX}/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/${ADOBE_LANG}.
   ${ADOBE_LANG} is one of CHS,CHT,DAN,DEU,ENU,ESP,FRA,ITA,JPN,KOR,
   NLD,NOR,PTB,SUO,SVE and represents language used in the UI (FRA means
   French version and it is installed by french/acroread, for example).
   To configure the UI language, navigate to
Edit->Preferences->International->
   Application Language, set it to "Choose at application startup" and
   restart the program.

   The command filename is ${PREFIX}/bin/acroread as before (this is
   a script installed by print/acroreadwrapper now), and if multiple
   versions are installed, one of them will be selected according to
   ${ADOBE_LANG} environment variable.  If ${ADOBE_LANG} is not set,
   it will be automatically set by using ${LANG}; this means when
   LANG=fr_FR.ISO8859-15, ADOBE_LANG will be FRA and the French version
   will be invoked by ${PREFIX}/bin/acroread.  You can set ADOBE_LANG
   manually, too.

   Also, if you want to activate the PDF plugin, use --install-plugin
   option in ${PREFIX}/bin/acroread.  For more detail, see
   print/acroreadwrapper/pkg-message.