anyone notice firefox crashes a lot with BSD+KDE

Chandan Haldar chandanh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 08:50:22 UTC 2006

My firefox (1.0.7) takes a looooooooong time to start up.

I have the sessionsaver extension installed and have
several tabs open at all times.  Sometimes it seems as
if firefox loads the pages in all the tabs BEFORE the GUI
has a chance to display the window.  Did anyone improve
upon this behavior?  Firefox for MSWin seems to instantly
display the window with empty tabs and then starts loading
the pages.  It may be a matter of personal preference,
but if I had a choice, I'd want the latter behavior.

Chandan