Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 06:16:52 PST 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 07:38, Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> At 16:36 03.03.2006, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >On 2006-03-03 15:08, Kristian Vaaf <vaaf at broadpark.no> wrote:
> > > Sorry sorry sorry, I am so very sorry.
> > > http://www.home.no/hedhnta/result.txt is indeed online now.
> >
> >This doesn't look right.  Are you sure your source tree is clean and
> > up to date?  As Donald has posted latter:
> >
> >On 2006-03-03 09:09, "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > > Alright Kristian, why don't you post your supfile, make.conf,
> > > rc.conf, output of uname -a, a description of what equipment
> > > your doing this with, what you're trying to accomplish and why,
> > > what you're doing to make this come about, what you expected to
> > > happen, what did happen. How you're taking all the advice
> > > you've been given and bending it to suit yourself - which, I
> > > have to tell you, IS NOT WORKING, or you would be singing a
> > > different tune.
> >
> >Please post all the details Donald has requested.
>
> Sure thing!
>
> # cat /etc/cvsupfile
>
> *default host=cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> src-all
> ports-all tag=.
> doc-all tag=.
>
> # uname -a
>
> FreeBSD arba.domain.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #4:
> Wed Sep 21 01:34:15 CEST 2005
> vaaf at arba.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARBA i386
>
> These apply to both the box that fails into result.txt (Intel Pentium
> 120MHz) and result_2.txt (Intel Pentium 4 3,2GHz).
>
> I am trying to upgrade these boxes. I expect things to work :)
>
> This is how I do it:
>
> cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
> cd /usr/obj && chflags -R noschg * && rm -rf *
> cd /usr/src && make clean
> make buildworld
> make buildkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
> make installkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
> make installworld
> mergemaster
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> All the best,
> Vaaf

Yes, it does.

If this is the way you do it, after all the advice you've been given, it
tells me that you aren't much on following advice that you have sought.
Keep on doing it your way and continue to fail. If that's not what you
have in mind, go back and reread the advice already given by myself,
and others. We are successful, you are not. That's why we're giving
advice and you're asking. You could be successful.

You still only gave part of what was asked for.

Sorry if this upsets you, but that's the way it is. I, for one, can't
help you if you refuse to accept advice already given.

Don