Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Kristian Vaaf vaaf at broadpark.no
Sun Mar 5 05:38:04 PST 2006

At 16:36 03.03.2006, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>On 2006-03-03 15:08, Kristian Vaaf <vaaf at broadpark.no> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry sorry sorry, I am so very sorry.
> > http://www.home.no/hedhnta/result.txt is indeed online now.
>
>This doesn't look right.  Are you sure your source tree is clean and up
>to date?  As Donald has posted latter:
>
>On 2006-03-03 09:09, "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alright Kristian, why don't you post your supfile, make.conf,
> > rc.conf, output of uname -a, a description of what equipment
> > your doing this with, what you're trying to accomplish and why,
> > what you're doing to make this come about, what you expected to
> > happen, what did happen. How you're taking all the advice
> > you've been given and bending it to suit yourself - which, I
> > have to tell you, IS NOT WORKING, or you would be singing a
> > different tune.
>
>Please post all the details Donald has requested.

Sure thing!

# cat /etc/cvsupfile

*default host=cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
*default delete use-rel-suffix

src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.

# uname -a

FreeBSD arba.domain.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #4:
Wed Sep 21 01:34:15 CEST 2005
vaaf at arba.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARBA i386

These apply to both the box that fails into result.txt (Intel Pentium 120MHz)
and result_2.txt (Intel Pentium 4 3,2GHz).

I am trying to upgrade these boxes. I expect things to work :)

This is how I do it:

cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
cd /usr/obj && chflags -R noschg * && rm -rf *
cd /usr/src && make clean
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
make installkernel KERNCONF=ARBA