Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Sat Mar 4 13:09:00 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 05:45:29PM +0100, Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> At 12:05 03.03.2006, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:58:37AM +0100, Kristian Vaaf wrote:
> > > I run the script to save time.
> > > Basically I'd run the exact same chain of commands otherwise.
> >
> > You're missing the point: you'd run the exact same chain of commands
> >
> > --> _if everything goes according to plan_ <--
> >
> > What this list has been telling you is that it sometimes doesn't work
> > like anyone expects to, and you need to make an informed decision about
> > the next command to enter instead of having the script proceed.
>
> Whether I have my commands in my script or in my head doesn't
> make any difference. Yes I do read UPDATING and if I notice any
> changes they will be applied respectively.

Err...

Did you even read what I wrote?

The moment one step does NOT work in the command sequence, you need to
alter your next move. No script can be prepared for all the things
that can happen. Which is why everyone is recommending you NOT to run
things in a script.

Also, please keep the mailing list in the loop, to help other people
asking the same question.

--Stijn

--
If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what the hell was
yesterday?