forward hosted domain / subdomain to local box

Pete C bsdneo at thechristies.net
Sat Mar 4 12:25:23 PST 2006

I have a hosted domian at successfulhosting.com (I believe they run FreeBSD,
although the helpdesk personell are confuse because they call it their
'Linux Plan', go figure, anyhoo . . .) and I'd like to host a subdomain
locally . . . problem is I'm behind a DHCP cable modem (w/ OptimumOnline)
and a FreeBSD gateway running PF . . .

 . . at the hosted domain, I have access to DNS records, and the 'control
panel' has alias and redirect options, but require an ip or hostname . . . I
reversedDNS'd my current ip to  ool-4357635e.dyn.optonline.net but I don't
know if hostname changes with the ip . . .

 . . in a bit over my head on this one . . .

 . . any 'easy' way to do this . . . no, really ;)

Pete C

I love my country, but fear my government.