Problem regarding Bash 3.1.10

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Sat Mar 4 01:59:15 PST 2006

\[Hey,

I ran a portupgrade yesterday, and noticed that bash got updated,
allthough I dislike the way it is visible in my shells. Normally I
whould have

frank at FStaals$

but this seems to have changed when I ran portupgrade, currently it is
like this:

[frank at FStaals ~]$ when I'm in my homedir. The problem is when entering
a long path, or a directory which hasn't been renamed properly yet, for
example when I'm in ~/tmp/\[Nipponsei\]\ Shakugan\ no\ Shana\ Original\
Sound\ Track my shell becomes:

frank at FStaals ~/tmp/\[Nipponsei\]\ Shakugan\ no\ Shana\ Original\ Sound\
Track]$

which leaves absolutely no place on the line for my commands, which I
think is very anoying. I read the man and looked up if I could find
something in .bashrc but I didn't realy know what to look for. So my
question is; how can I set bash so it will be visible in the old way (
frank at FStaals$ ) ?

I'm running 5-Stable with bash-3.1.10 ( the old view was with 3.0.16_1 )

Thanks in advance

--
-Frank Staals