Epson 2200

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Fri Mar 3 15:38:39 PST 2006

I have had a hard time getting my 2200 working under FreeBSD.  It works
great under Linux w/ CUPS and Gimp-Print.  It even auto detected the
printer.  I love FreeBSD as a server platform, but I have had a tough
time setting it up as a desktop.  If anybody can recommend a good port
for my Epson.  I had CUPS working after a lot of fuss, but I did not
like the print quality.  I installed Gimp-Print, but I could not see the
filters under CUPS, I tried pips for the 2200, and it showed up in CUPS,
but did not work.  Finally I decided to ditch CUPS and use APSfilter,
but It did not have the right driver for my 2200.  Installing APSfilter
broke my CUPS installation, and re-installing CUPS did not fix the
problem.  Like I said, this has been a tough ride.  (but I'm willing to
stick it out because I love FreeBSD security).

Thanks
Chris Maness