Making APC 500 Back UPS (basic) work with FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Mar 3 09:37:43 PST 2006

APC is doing that because they want you to pay them more money
for upgrades.  Don't feel singled out.  APC is the only company
I know that can sell 2 identical products, one painted white
(the SmartUPS 700) and one painted black (The SmartUPS 700) and
get $800 for the white one and $250 for the black one, and
have both of them right next to each other on the APC website.

Ted