Tracking Security in Ports and Base System

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu Mar 2 11:58:45 PST 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, chris at chrismaness.com wrote:

[snip]
> Is my supfile correct to track security for freebsd-6.0?

[snip]
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
[snip]

As I understand it, that tag will get you the latest released version of
6.x. So today it would apply security and bugfix updates for 6.0, but
after 6.1 comes out you would get 6.1, and so on. If you want to track
6.0 specifically, use RELENG_6_0. Right now there is no difference
between RELENG_6 and RELENG_6_0, but later there will be.

As everyone else has said, see the Handbook for definitive answers.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]