Recommended Web Mail software

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Thu Mar 2 00:58:21 PST 2006

On 3/1/06, wc_fbsd at xxiii.com <wc_fbsd at xxiii.com> wrote:
> Was wondering what you recommend.  We have a small 5 person user base
> on a [fairly] screamin' new Dell box, so performance isn't an
> issue.  Just easy to use, reliable, basic, low maintenance web
> mail.  I'm leaning toward  SquirrelMail, as I set it up on a test
> server a couple years ago and was pleased.  Any other suggestions?

I haven't yet tried it myself, but I'm looking into roundcube. It's in
ports, but is still only in beta:

RoundCube Webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an
application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you
expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book,
folder manipulation and message filters. RoundCube Webmail is written in
PHP and requires the MySQL database. The user interface is fully
skinnable using XHTML and CSS 2.

WWW: http://www.roundcube.net/