MySQL - FBSD 6.0 Freezing server.

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Wed Mar 1 07:40:23 PST 2006

Hi all,

I been getting server freezups the past two weeks, but have determined it is
happening when connecting to mysql port 3306 remotely.

I have a firewall, so I am only one whe can connect to port 3306.

I connected this morning, and sure enough the server frooze.

It frooze during the connection stage, even the LAN and WAN nicks frooze.

THe only fix is to cold boot the server, keyboard  is even frooze.

It almost seems that mysql goes into a loop of some kind.

I am using FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE and mysql 4.0.13 from ports.

My IP is at the top pf the list (Along with lo0) so, firewall is not an
issue.

HAs anyone else had this issue? Or is there a bug report / fix that I can't
find!

Any help would be appreciated.

-Grant