Slow server

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jun 30 12:00:47 UTC 2006

Olivier Nicole wrote:

>2) as there are many connections comming from search engines siders
>   (90% of all the established connections), I'd like to limit the
>   ressources that spiders are using. One way would be through IPFW,
>   but are there better ways? Is there a way to limit/prioritize in
>   Apache (not that I know any).

google robots.txt which ought to limit what the spiders look at (but
consequently reduces what they index, as well).

Overall, though, your problem sounds more like a piece of software
bloating as it runs; the longer it runs the more memory it consumes.

Does the machine end up swapping?  Try tracking memory usage.

--Alex