mbmom and xmbmon - how to compile WITHOUT_SMB?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Thu Jun 29 13:31:08 UTC 2006

Andrew Robinson wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm trying to run mbmon, with SMB enabled, but it fails to work.  So,
>I want to compile it without smb, as it seems that some people have
>had success with this option.  All I know is that I have to set
>WITHOUT_SMB somewhere, somehow.  But for the life of me I can't figure
>out how to do that.  I've deinstalled the package and reinstalled it
>via portinstall, but I no longer get the option to deselect SMB.
>
>Can anyone provide a clue?

In the relevant port dir

make config

Or invest some time in reading up on portupgrade and put the option into
pkgtools.conf (once portupgrade is installed, of course :-)) then

portupgrade -f mbmon

would do what you want and would also remember the next time!

Can you not just force mbmon to not use SMB?  Does a simple "mbmon -d"
not find anything?  If it does e.g.

# mbmon -d
SMBus[VT8233/A/8235/8237(KT266/333/400/600/880)] found, but No HWM
available on it!!
Using ISA-IO access method!!
* Winbond Chip W83627HF/THF/THF-A found.

Then try "mbmon -p winbond" and make that an alias for mbmon in your shells.

--Alex