RAID online capacity expansion

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 21:45:34 UTC 2006

Josh

You'll need to use vinum as a volume manager first. Wouldn't recommend it at
all on a mounted filesystem, this can give you alsorts of worries.

I'd think about why you need to grow the volume, esp as any expansion of a
RAID set will normally result in poor performance, unless you backup the
data, rebuild the RAID set/filesystem and then restore the data.

IE plan for any changes first.

--
Martin