Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 22 18:22:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> not only do I like the SAS drives (4 in a 1U rack so that I can use
>> RAID1+0)
>
> What drives are they?  There is nothing in the SAS spec about drive
> dimensions so it seems you like your particular models of SAS drives

Ack, I thought it was a standard size thing, never even thought about it
... I ordered the drives from HP, with the server ...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/drives-enclosures/index.html?jumpid=ex_hphqglobal_wwentsem/Proliant

I'm guessing what I got were the 2.5" form factor, vs the 3.5" ... and
based on that same page, looks like I can get 2.5" SATA also ... i thought
the 'small size' was a SAS feature :(

----