How to raise the limit for sockets

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Thu Jun 22 08:14:33 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 06:12, scuba at centroin.com.br wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  	How can I raise the file descriptors limits for each socket in
> FBSD 5.4?

Each socket is a descriptor. I guess you need something like:

from limits(1):

     -n [val]  Select or set the openfiles resource limit.  The system-wide
               limit on the maximum number of open files per process can be
               viewed by examining the kern.maxfilesperproc sysctl(8) vari-
               able.  The total number of simultaneously open files in the
               entire system is limited to the value displayed by the
               kern.maxfiles sysctl(8) variable.

--[snip]--

SEE ALSO
     csh(1), env(1), limit(1), sh(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2),
     login_cap(3), login.conf(5), sysctl(8)