SSH tunneling to FreeBSD 6.x using entunnel ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 22 06:21:49 UTC 2006

I have a client that has been using entunnel for the longest time to do an
SSH tunnel into their vServer ... we've recently begun upgrading to
FreeBSD 6.x, and entunnel is no longer working (upgraded from FreeBSD 4.x)

Apparenty, bitvise.com's tunnelier has the same problem ...

The way the client describes how entunnel used to work for them:

"entunnel was great - i never had to think about it. it just worked, all
the time, automatically - came up at startup as a service and just sat in
the system tray."

Without having to downgrade their OpenSSH to the same version as was on
FreeBSD 4.x (bad option!), is there something that I can look at on the
FreeBSD 6.x OpenSSH to fix the problem?  Maybe some backwards
compatibility mode?

Thanks ...

----