rcorder example?

B. Cook bcook at poklib.org
Wed Jun 21 17:40:08 UTC 2006

RW wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 June 2006 15:15, B. Cook wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm looking at what I think is the right answer.. but can't make sense
>> of it..
>>
>> basically I have a couple of mailservers that run exim and dnscache, all
>> being called out of daemontools.
>>
>> but I can't seem to figure out how to make svscan start first..
>
> I don't see what you are getting at here, if exim and dnscache are started by
> svscan, then by defininition svscan *is* starting first.

Yes svscan starts dnscache and exim, but many services depend on dns
(dnscache is setup on loopback) so I have to wait (for up to 3 minutes)
for dns timeouts to occour so that they boot can continue, and finally
get to starting svscan (quite low in the dictionary order of things)

So I'm looking for how I can control the order that things start up in.

I've since changed the order by prepending 000, 010, 020, etc.. to
startup script, but I just thought there was a way to manipulate it and
not disrupt installs and plist related startup script.