Crashing with HP/Compaq DL360 G3 [paging kernel developer]

Jeremy Kister freebsd-01 at jeremykister.com
Wed Jun 21 06:25:46 UTC 2006

I've got four identical HP/Compaq DL360 G3 1u servers.  Each has the
latest available firmware:

Proliant P31 (03/03/2005) BIOS
HP SmartArray 5i RAID onboard controller (v2.62)
(2) HPNC7781 (Broadcom BCM5703) (ASIC rev. 0x1002) 10/100/1000 onboard
network card
iLO v1.80 (Jul/12/2005)

and each has:
two Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz w/ Hyperthreading
four sticks of 512MB ECC RAM
two 36GB SCA disks in RAID1 via SmartArray 5i

I have sudden [seemingly random] reboots with all four (see
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/questions/2006-02/msg01605.html)
while running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE through the PreReleases and now with
6.1-STABLE.

In an effort to make FreeBSD stable with DL360's, I'm wondering if
there's a driver/kernel developer interested in having full remote
access to this machine for a week or two (or three) via iLO and root/ssh.

Anyone qualified and interested, please let me know.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./